Intro

This blog's purpose is to chronicle my journey, which I think will be a means of catharsis for me, but the main reason I'm publishing it online is in hopes that it will raise BRCA genetic testing awareness and maybe even help others along their own journey. When it came time to make decisions regarding my medical care, I found that the blogs of other women in similar circumstances were the most helpful for me.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Some mostly good news!

I finally got the notification from Kaiser that I had an email waiting for me from my doctor. The results of my MRI were in but my doctor was on vacation so another doctor was filling in for her. Bless that doctor's heart. If I had to wait a week to find out my results I was likely to drive myself and everyone around me crazy.

Basically on the CT scan taken to view the kidney stones, they found a 1.8 cm lesion on my liver. Further imaging was needed to determine what kind of lesion and whether it was malignant or not. So Friday, I got strapped into an MRI and got contrast dye injected into my arm.

After that I went to a local club called the Saddle Rack with some friends and proceeded to own a bottle of tequila. Oops, not so liver friendly. :-/ Oh well.

Turns out the lesion is actually dense local fatty liver tissue. Which means, its not malignant but me and my liver need to go on a diet. Much better plan of treatment than the alternative. So now I am back on track prepping for my surgery. I can focus on getting through surgery and healing.

Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment