Intro

This blog's purpose is to chronicle my journey, which I think will be a means of catharsis for me, but the main reason I'm publishing it online is in hopes that it will raise BRCA genetic testing awareness and maybe even help others along their own journey. When it came time to make decisions regarding my medical care, I found that the blogs of other women in similar circumstances were the most helpful for me.

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Eggs Can Stay!

As I previously mentioned, I'm a hypochondriac. I tell myself though that combined with my redeeming features and traits, this just makes me lovably quirky. :-) My husband is an extremely patient man none the less.

Keeping this information in mind, it should come as no surprise that I was convinced I had ovarian cancer. My OBGYN did a phone appt and assured me that none of my symptoms correlated with those of ovarian cancer. Whew! She also told me that I didn't need to start getting tested for ovarian cancer till 30 (1 more glorious year) and that I wouldn't benefit from an oophorectomy until I was 35. My future unborn children thank you Dr. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment