Intro

This blog's purpose is to chronicle my journey, which I think will be a means of catharsis for me, but the main reason I'm publishing it online is in hopes that it will raise BRCA genetic testing awareness and maybe even help others along their own journey. When it came time to make decisions regarding my medical care, I found that the blogs of other women in similar circumstances were the most helpful for me.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Ouch!

Last night and tonight have been rough. As I mentioned in my last post I had my drains removed. While they were in though, the right one was constantly bugging me. I eventually taped the tube to my abdomen at the suggestion of a friend and that helped alleviate some of the pain. Well now with the drains removed I thought that would be the end of it, but the right drain site is hurting like nobody's business. I've been putting neosporin with pain relief on it and bandaging it up. That seemed to help for an hour or so and then it became painful again. As a result my range of motion on my right arm has backtracked and I'm back on heavy painkillers. My backtracking disappoints me but I have to remind myself that it's normal.

So now I've stopped the neosporin and I'm letting it air out as I've read this is the quickest way to get it to heal. Crossing my fingers that it stops hurting so bad by the time I go back to work. Which is in a week. Well enough whining for me for today. :) Vent session over.

No comments:

Post a Comment